Need help from Auto Body folks

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 10:50:06 EDT

I am looking to fix some door damage from a break in. The intruder used a
pry bar under the door handle to pop the lock. I am now looking at fixing
the pry mark. A half inch wide area of the metal under the door handle is
pushed in. No metal is broken, but some of the sheet metal around the door
is not straight. I want to be able to fix the door to look as best as
possible and use some touch up paint to repair the area. Once the metal is
straightened and a new door handle is on, only a small area of the repair
should be able to be seen. So, I want to straighten out the pry mark and
try and straighten some of the wavy metal around the handle without
upsetting any of the existing paint. Are they any tools that would make
this easier? Does anyone have any tips or directions for attempting this?
I tried to find info on the internet, but came up blank. All my searches
brought up were books to purchase on repair or repair shops themselves. I
don't need the area to look perfect, but I would like to have it look
respectable.

Thanks,
Travis