2 days at the dealer

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 11:46:45 EDT

Last Monday (6/4) I made an appointment for 6/11 to get my Dak looked at
for a couple things:
-T-case lever ticking
-T-case tailshaft seal leaking
-S-belt cracking
-Steering wheel play/cocked left to drive straight

I went to Sam Dell Dodge here in Syracuse, NY because they're closest to
work and the only dealer around with a shuttle service.

Dropped the Dak off at 8:00 AM on 6/11. At 11:45 they called to tell me
they hadn't brought it into the garage yet. 4:30, I called them to find
out what was going on. They NEVER got it into the garage! Seems they
had too much work "spill over" from the weekend. So much for 5-star
dealers being organized. I live alone, this is my only transporation.
Bummed a ride to the dealer after work and brought the Dak home.

Dropped off this morning at 8:30. 10:30 they called. Can't reproduce
the ticking noise (didn't expect them to, but I wanted it on record),
s-belt is a wear item at $71.75 installed (no, thanks, I'll do it
myself). Steering wheel play is due to.....worn lower ball joints!
This could very well explain the wobbly feeling I get all the time as
well.

They say it'll be done today. I hope they're right.