RE: Towing...Should I smack my salesman?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 19:48:58 EDT

I think you'll be okay with the 4.7. They're more powerful than you might
think. However, 3.92's would certainly make me feel better. The bad part
is, the more expensive one probably had the hvy duty pkg. plus the tow pkg.
If you don't have all that, by the time you piecemeal it all together you've
just bought the more expensive one. Hvy duty includes trans cooler, oil
cooler, bigger radiator, sway bars, heavier shocks, bigger wheels and tires,
alternator, and battery. I would imagine you would want all of that if
you're going tow maximum load. Once you get all this stuff, even though
you'll be at max limit, the Durango should do it with very little problem.
Another thing I noticed. You got the Durango SLT. On the Dak's the SLT
usually included most of that stuff.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD