Re: RE: Hi-Flow Cat Questions

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 18:56:11 EDT

My mopar cat was replaced at 27k and now at 31k the weld has broken at the
inlet. There is no way I am going to drive to the dealer, 75 miles away
with an open header under the passenger floor. I would be deaf by the time I
get there not to mention maybe sick from fumes. The cat can not be rewelded
because of a sloppy installation the weld broke out part of the front of the
cat. This is a dual inlet R/T cat. It has 2 2" inlets and 1 2.5" outlet.
I want to replace it with the car sound 3" in 3" out cat using a "Y" adapter
with 2 2.5" inlets and 1 3" outlet. The muffler I have installed is
already a 3" inlet 2 2.5 outlet model. Can the front O2 sensor be attached
to the "Y" pipe at the inlet to the cat and the rear O2 sensor be attached
to a new 3" piece of pipe between the new cat and the muffler? Will this
work or will the O2 sensors malfunction if done this way? I am tired of
replacing the factory cat only to have it break again.
Jim in Waco, 99 R/T