Re: Towing...Should I smack my salesman?

From: A. Bright (a_bright2@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 23:16:34 EDT

oh good, someone started just the right topic. I plan to do some towing
with a '93 Dakota with 5.2 Magnum engine. I also figure around 4500-5000
lbs. the literature says the tow rating is quite a bit higher, but the
truck is not equipped with the tow package. I need some recommendations on
adding a tranny temperature gauge. I already have
a tach, coolant temperature guage, oil pressure guage, and charging
guage(they came with the truck). How important is it to add the additional
tranny cooler? Any recommendations on aftermarket tranny temp guages
such as brand, price, etc. Is there anything I need to monitor that I have
left out? Also I would appreciate any practical advice from those of you
with experience towing with a Dakota.

Thanks for your help.