Re: IAT Experiment @ Track

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 18:18:26 EDT

At 04:44 PM 6/13/01 +0000, you wrote:
>See if you can test them again but at closer to "like"
>temperatures. Also, if
>you can log what the PCM is doing under WOT and normal cruising, you will
>see a
>slight difference. Good info though...(why the 1/2W?? 1/4W works.) ;)
>- Bernd

I find that the 'thicker' wires on the 1/2W fit into the connector better.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that on the run with the IAT when the ambient temp.
was 77F, the pcm was getting 120F from the sensor from start to about
1/2 way down the track and then dropped to 116F the rest of the way.
With the MPI, I'm leaving the IAT sensor hanging facing incoming air
from the fan inside a pipe-like insulation.

The IAT run was the second of consecutive runs which mainly resulted in
the 120F reading.

Bob