Re: 360 Crate motor swap

From: miggity (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 16:44:18 EDT

>>What would be involved in swaping in a 360 crate motor from Mopar into
my '93? Would it be a "simple" engine swap or would there be any
difficulties to overcome? Depending on how "easy" the swap would be I
may just go that route since I've got 108k on the stock motor. And
what's a rough ball-park estimate for something like this.<<

Hey Mike,
I thought about going this route, but it'll end up being quite a pain. The
cam in the Crate motor is too radical for the computer if you want to run
fuel injection, and the come setup for a carb anyway. For the cost of the
crate motor, you could bbuld up your 318 and make just as much power, fuel
injected, and be happier =)

-miggity

---> slammed 88 Dakota!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"It may be slow, but at least it's LOW!"