Re: Commercial Plates

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 23:34:17 EDT

Massachusetts used to require this (put in by Gov. Mike Dukakis). The law was
finally repealed in the early '90s. It was put in solely to raise funds for
the state ($95 per year for my '93 Dakota 4X4-GVWR was too high to get the
$75 plate). The plate was completely useless. On several occasions, police
officers told me to move my truck out of commercial vehicle parking spots or
get a ticket. It took a Republican Gov. (Bill Weld) to dump this.