New Power tailgate lock

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 13:19:00 EDT

Hey all,
  Just got word from Pace-Edwards that they've studied the problems on
the Gen III tailgate handles and redesigned their locking tailgate
mechanism after they had finally pulled their old style off the shelf.
They claim
the new one works wonderfully because it provides some type of
full-length re-enforced bar that goes under the handle to make it stay
lock, even when the factory handle flexes.
  Let me know if anyone wants more details, and I'll post prices when
they let me know
Patrick