RE: which valve spring compresser to get?

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 14:01:35 EDT

Hey, I just finished mine last week and used the "Overhead Valve Spring
Compressor from Sears", like $25 bucks I think. I also used a 20 Gallon Air
compressor and an Air nipple that connected to the spark plug hole, Pep
Boy's - $10 bucks. I ended up having to duck tape my intake due to the air
pressure, otherwise it wouldn't hold the valve in certain cases. The last
two valves are a bitch, the one by the AC compressor and the one by the
master cylinder, I had to take the T bar off the Valve compressor and force
it to work. Use vice grips with a little electrical tape on the end tips to
hold the valve up so you can disconnect the air while you load the new
spring, then hook the air up again when you toss the new spring on.

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC