no start problem - 1 cure

From: Scott Miller (fastdak@superpa.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 14:44:30 EDT

well folks, for the last week I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure
out why my 95 wouldn't start. I changed the computer and coil, but no fix.
Checked for spark, none, and the fuel pump would not kick on. I knew then
it had to be something electrical. we ended up trailering it home from
where I had it parked, disconnected the battery for about a half hour.
plugged it in and it fired up. It ran for 2 days, and once again no start.
tried the battery trick again, but no luck. we put a scanner on it, but it
would not communicate with the computer. we then after numerous days,
traced the problem to the wiring harness on the drivers side that goes into
the fuse box. turned out a main wire that feeds the computer had
disinigrated(sp?) from possible battery acid and the windshield washer fluid
running down into the harness

just a little tid bit fyi

later

Scott Miller