Won my first AutoX

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 22:24:51 EDT

    I finally won an autoX race. In the LA area we have a truck
category (otherwise it's ESP for me). At the El Toro marine base was
set up a very long (80sec) windey course. Which usually benefits my
nemesis, a barely recognizable modded BroncoII. Anyways my times in
order were 80.865, 77.125, 76.268. I'm usually consistent within 1 or 2
seconds, but this course had a major learning curve. I think I could
have dropped another 2 seconds on a fourth run. The Bronco had a best
of 79.030.

    Just for comparison the faster Vettes were doing 67-68sec, and
highly modded honda types did 75-78.

No sign of Steve E???

AutoX preperation:
265/45 Kumho tires (treadwear 50) on 16" Eneki rims
Hotchkis Suspension (smaller wheels + suspension puts me about 4in below
stock height)
remove spare
remove tail gate
1/8 tank 92 octane + 1/4 bottle of Nos silver bottle stuff.

Jay W