Lowering..Spring Rate (Suspension Gurus only Please)

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 16:45:24 EDT

As most of you guys already know....I lower my truck a few years ago
using a Western Chassis Kit...A arms and Hangers / Spring mounts.
I just got new tires and wheels 17" Chrome R/T wheels and Nitto
tires.....looks nice and the tires really stick.
But the whole package, although the OD of the tire is the same as my
other
Sport Rovers, the truck looks to be a little higher. I didn't measure
before I took the old ones off....but the tires are the same 27" OD.
Maybe its an optical ullusion,
you know...same as when my wife catcheds me looking at another women :o)

Anyway...my question. I can adjust the western chassis hangers in the
rear and get another inch no problem....and will have no bottoming
problems.
However in the front, I have to use a new set of 1" lowering springs.
NOW FOR MY QUESTIONS....
1) Has anyone used 1" lowering springs and what mfr
2) Sport truck direct has a set for 99.00 and they claim 30% smoother
ride, the guy really didn't want to spend any time with me and was a
real dick.
I'd like a smoother ride and to loose the "bump steer" but I CAN'T have
a softer
spring where the body will come down....(my tires stick out of the wheel
well)
Can anyone shed any light on this...Gary Ludwig still on the list
Thanks,
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metallic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper