high idle w/ported TB

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 22:36:37 EDT

Hey fellas

I just installed a hughes engines stage II TB because I couldn't wait to do
it next week with the cam, rockers, manifold,DR timing chain. Anyhow, I got
the thing on and the idle is now at 1000RPM, The instruction sheet that came
with it says not to adjust anything but to check for leaks and/or replacement
of the idle air solenoid. Does anyone have different wisdom than this? I did
reset the computer.The TB was ported from a brand new TB from dodge so it
came with all new sensors except for the little bpx that goes on the front of
the TB with 2 torx screws, is this the idle air solenoid? should I replace
it? or is there a different way of lowering the idle ?

Thanks

John S