For sale: shocks, hitch, tonneau, bed mat

From: jbleazard@home.com
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 09:01:32 EDT

Just a few items for sale. Can deliver to the DML BBQ in New York in
a couple of weeks, or make other arrangements. Best offer on each item.
Contact me privately with any questions.

1. Class III hitch.
Mopar accessory, installed by dealer on our '98.
No wiring. Has a spot to attach a 7-wire connector, with an adapter for a
4-wire flat style connector.

2. Rubber bed mat for 6.5 foot bed

3. Covercraft vinyl tonneau cover, uses aluminum rails
(This should be sent to Covercraft first for warranty re-stitching, I'm
planning on handling that. Wouldn't be ready before the BBQ unless you
wanted to take care of sending it to them yourself.)

4. Set of 4 ProComp ES3000 shocks
Installed last December, I hate them
I think you'd have to replace one rubber bushing in each shock. I
noticed that they're coming apart, I'll admit that this is most likely
due to me missing something on the install.

Note that these are the 3000s, not the 9000s like conventional wisdom on
the DML says to get. I went with the 3000s because my genII, V6, regular
cab, no A/C Dak is about the lightest 4x4 Dakota possible. ProComp's web
site recommended against using the 9000s on Jeeps, because they said that
any Jeep is too light, and the 9000s would be too harsh. For lighter vehicles
they recommended the 3000s.

Turns out that they're still too harsh for my taste. I don't drive Baja
style when I go off-road (think low gear crawling over stuff), I don't race,
and I don't haul huge loads of cargo, so I've admitted that all I need are
cushy "soccer mom" shocks for driving on the highway.

Anyway, my mistake is your gain. Get a set of four 6-month old shocks
for... well... just get 'em out of my sight and I'll be happy.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white