Re: TransGo Shift kits: need a part #

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 20:04:14 EDT

I installed a transgo shift kit on my 95 dak. It worked great after I
originally screwed it up beause I didn't have the park accuating rod in
properly. The result was that it would not go into any gear (stiff shifter)
and after giving it a little force I managed to bend the rod. I got a used
rod from my local dodge dealer (they happened to have one from a valve body
that they had just replaced. The mechanic told me that the trick was to have
all 4 wheels off the groung and to turn the driveshaft slowly with one hand
as I slide the rod in with the other. It worked like a charm, the rod slid in
place like butter. Now its working great

John S