My Poor Truck :( (sorta long)

From: Adam H (golfcartguy@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 15:39:54 EDT

Wonder if this has happened to anyone else on the list:

Last night I was driving to Grand Rapids on the freeway to go to see Fast
and Furious movie, when I his a seam in the road (little bump, not much)
when my parking brake and ABS dash lights came on. wtf? The truck started
to slow down right away and no amount of throttle could persuade it to
accelerate. Pulled to the shoulder, couldn't visibly discern a problem,
other than it wouldn't go. Threw it in 4wd and then it went fine (albeit
alot of clanking and clattering from the rear end), so I took it slow to the
nearest exit and called for a tow truck. By the time I parked it the whole
tire and rim ass'y was sticking about 6 inches outside the wheel well.
Seems like the axle came out of the diff or something.

Just got back from Elhart Dodge in Holland, I explained to the manager there
and he was kind enough to give me a demo til mine gets fixed (it's another
QC, just like mine except silver).

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this happen to them or
not, kinda irritates me that this would happen on a brand new 2000 truck.

Adam