A/C Blower motor Problems

From: Mark Smith (msmithgn@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 17:15:41 EDT

Hello,

I'm a newbie on the list, and I have a problem with my AC/heater blower motor
Here is the scenario:

Leaking AC condensor - remove and replace no problem
Charge system - no problem, AC blows nice and cold, all fan speeds work fine
Driving truck with AC on high fan - no problem
Stop and turn truck off to get mail at post office - fan still on high
Return to truck, start-up and drive away - no fan noise - all speeds dead
Go home, start looking for obvious, fuses etc all OK
Take dash apart, 500 screws later, blower motor exposed
Measure voltage at motor, key on, constant 12V on green wire to blower, regardless of fan switch position
Pull out temp control unit, no sign of trouble
Try new blower motor - same results

Question 2
Is there a resistor network somewhere in the negative side of the system to control fan speed?
If so, where is it? Built into the switch assy?
I dont have a schematic for the switch wiring.

Can anybody shed some light, or cool air, on this??

Thanx,

-Mark

95 SLT 3.9 - presently without the AC option