Thinking about my rear end . . .

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 18:13:09 EDT

No, not that rear end silly! I'm talking about my truck. ;)

I sold a dirtbike and have some cash to "invest" into my truck.
I'm looking to get a matching rear prerunner-style bumper built,
but nothing too fancy. I still want to use my tailgate and bed,
so not doing anything crazy like putting the spare canted at a
45 in the bed. In conjunction I'm going to add Sir Mike's steel
roll pan and that got me to thinking . . . see I need to get the
roll pan painted and I also have my tonneau cover that needs
painted. Recently, I saw a full-size Dodge (metallic blue) that
had been rhino/line-x coated on the rocker panels and fenders
flares. It looked pretty good, so now I'm thinking about doing
the same to my truck, but going with a silver color. I'd coat
the fender flares, below the line on the door/rear to include
the roll pan, and then the tonneau, too. I'm thinking it will
look decent, like a two-tone SLT without the chrome. The bonus
is that stuff is really tough and would cover all the scratches
and nicks I have in the fenders. Still have to see how much
it'd cost me, but I'm really starting to get excited about this
idea. Any opinions out there? (dare I ask?)

=====
Later,
JY
Vegas '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Check my pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak
(who knows if I'll ever finish my 'real' page)