Re:DML:Re: New cat installed

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 01:14:05 EDT

Kevin Smith wrote:Is the 3-way cat 1 in and 2 out? Why is the 2-way more
expensive?
No, the 3-way is a 2.5" single in/out, as is the 2-way. The guy at Jegs said
the 3-way just traps more bad stuff, whereas the 2-way allows more past.
Also, the 2-ways are what most guys put on older cars that have to be
retro-fitted with cats for inspection, as they're "legal" with the cat, but
still basically running as if it wasn't even there. That's why they're twice
the price, gotta stick it to the restorers. All I know is, my truck's a LOT
louder now, and my mileage is WAY down! Don't know why, maybe it's the "right
foot syndrome". :)

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile