RE: Painting Wheels?

From: David Medeiros (orange383@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 04:49:25 EDT

You can paint them with a good quality automotive paint (i.e. PPG, Sikkens,
DuPont, etc.). As long as you follow the manufacturers instructions and
prep them properly, you won't have any problems. This is provided that you
are shooting over bare metal. I don't know what type of wheel you have,
but if it is painted, make sure to strip that paint off. If it's chromed,
you can have the chrome removed by a reverse electrolysis process. There
are also some brands of self etching primer that are applicable to chrome.

David