my first track times at Carlsbad

From: mark janke (markcjanke@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 13:14:21 EDT

Finally got times on my truck. Unfortunately I have
made modifications so I don't know what it would have
run stock, but I'm sure I picked up a few tenths with
what I've done already. Here we go, 99 Dakota Club
Cab, V-6 (3.55 gears). JBA headers, custom air
induction, F&B throttle body, JET stage 2 chip, 180
thermo, 2 1/2" in an out Blowmaster muffler with 3"
pipes at head and end of of muffler. I have a
fiberglass bed cover and ran with less than a 1/4 tank
of gas and only a 10 pound tool box in the bed, no
spare tire was carried. I raced at Carlsbad, the
weather wasn't too great it was at least 92 maybe
hotter.

1st run:
--------
60ft 2.78
330ft 7.58
1/8et 11.50
1/8mph 63.16
1/4et 17.779
1/4mph 78.73

left the line at idle (auto trans) I manually shifted
@5000

2nd run:
--------
only thing I did differnet was load the converter to
about 1500

60ft 2.67
330ft 7.50
1/8et 11.455
1/8mph 62.62
1/4et 17.767
1/4mph 78.19

last run:
---------
let the truck sit for about an hour, left line at
idle, locked out overdrive and let truck do the
shifting, my best time

60ft 2.73
330ft 7.49
1/8et 11.404
1/8mph 63.31
1/4et 17.681
1/4mph 78.75

I just picked up some 3.90 gears from a friend and
we'll see what I can do next. Well at least I wasn't
in the 18s.