was you gotta see this! Now great motor

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 01:44:54 EDT

Now, Now.... Though this is about the Mitsubishi motor and not the 2.2L or
2.5L I thought it relevant. I owned an 86 Conquest TSI and she would run
156 MPH top end with 112,000 miles on her. Not a bad motor in my mind.
>From what I understand that Vintage Mitsubishi block was from older Japanese
fighter's, don't know if it's true but it did have unused oil plugs from
where the sump was... That was a fun car, even though it was a Mitsubishi
with a Dodge plate. For a 4500LB+ 4 banger it HAULED ASS, handled
unbelievably well, and considering I paid $5500 for her used.... She lasted
197,000 before I through a stock rod. Stock it would run 8PSI, I ran her up
to 16PSI for the last 40K or so miles.

Disclosure, the 156 was the best ever at Road Atlanta Motor Speedway BEFORE
they killed the rear straight, and it was with 8PSI!!!

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC