Re: Has Anyone put a NV4500 in a Dakota?

From: Batman (batphreak@zombieweb.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 19:12:52 EDT

Isn't the 4500 a top-loader. I know the 3500 is an end-loader. The hole into the cab will probably work fine, I'm pretty sure the rear mount is gonna be different, and you're probably gonna need a shorter drive shaft. I'm not very sure that the cross member is the same. These are most of the reasons MaMOPAR didn't put the bigger 4500 behind the 360 in vehicles such as R/Ts the 3500 doesn't stand up to a stock 360, and it's a pretty tough fit. I've heard of people doing it though, just realize it's gonna be as tough as putting in any other non-option transmission.

-Batman

--- "TonyC" <acellan1@tampabay.rr.com>
> wrote:
>Because of my plans (S/C 408), and my previous run ins with lack of
>durability in the NV3500, I'd like to swap in a NV4500.
>
>Has anyone done this??
>
>I know it will use the same flywheel if I interannly balance the new motor,
>probably uses the same shifter hole, uses the same crossmember.
>Not sure if I need a different rear tranny mount, slave cylinder, or if I
>have to cut the drive shaft.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>TonyC

==
-Batman
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L 5spd sprt wht
10" X 2.75" K&N Open Element
Turbo II muffler

FREE 6MB ZombieWeb E-Mail Account At:
http://www.zombieweb.com

Heavy Metal Community!
http://www.metalforums.com

Website hosting starting at $10.00 - NO Setup Fees!
http://www.zombieweb.com/f5