Re: Serpentine belt install, Can't get on!@#

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 20:02:29 EDT

just a 15mm socket on a long ratchet and pullllllllllllll on that sucker.
if that doesn't work you've either got a shorter belt or a bad tensioner
(although tensioners generally don't go bad by not being able to be
compressd fully)

other than that, make sure the belt is on every pulley straight and sitting
in the grooves, except for 1...

I've found it easier to route the belt around everything including the
tensioner pulley, skipping the alt, then working the belt over the alt.
pulley...