Zaino buildup question answered

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 12:08:25 EDT

I just got off the phone with Sal Zaino. I had sent him an email yesterday
and he requested that I call him. He sounds like a really nice guy and even
though it's obvious he's doing several peoples worth of work by himself, he
wanted to be absolutely sure all of my questions were answered before he'd
let me off the phone. Try to find that in today's world!

Anyway, he said that yes, the polish WILL buildup with multiple coats. But,
that it would never crack, split, or peel because it's a highly flexible
plastic. He guaranteed that it was impossible for the product to crack. He
said that he has seen a Firebird running around with aprox. 100 coats of
polish and that the decals were nearly impossible to feel, but again this
would not be a problem. He said that most people who give their cars a lot
of attention would probably never have more than maybe 50 coats on the car
at any single time to do natural degradation of the polish due to the sun,
rain, dust, etc. Unless of course the car is always kept in a garage and
rarely, if ever, exposed to weather.

How's that?
John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport,...........