Re: Re: MSD

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 22:17:57 EDT

Really it shouldn't make a difference one way or another - about the
only hypothesis I could offer was the the stock pcm/ignitor used an
adaptive dwell mechanism (I know since 94 chevy has) - this would
give you a consistant spark regardless of wire/plug condition (not the
same thing as just changing dwell with rpm - which is about what
an MSD would do).

Not saying it didn't happen in your instance, but did the 2 condition
contain any other variables (different cap, plugs, wires, etc?)

Chris Bennight