Re: MSD reply

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 00:19:37 EDT

It depends what you are doing, on the street, the MSD makes my truck run
smoother and it does feel more responsive below 3000rpm, but not for all out
horsepower and drag racing. I verified this with dyno runs (2 with, and 2
without). There has been much debate in the past about the MSD, I am just
presenting to you guys what I found. Look at the graph on my site, click on
the "TECHNICAL" button and see for yourself what the dyno found out for
me(click on the graph to enlarge). I fully expected to make more power with
the MSD, I was shocked that the MSD actually killed top-end power, and
sucked away torque all across the band. I am just as disappointed as you
are, I wasted $129 on a red box that makes my truck slower.

As a another matter, I felt the MSD did work on my 99 V-8 Dak with the
OBD-II system. For some odd reason they do not work well with the OBD-I,
this is not the first time it was brought up, others have said the same
before, I just didn't believe them. It is up to you to make your own
decisions, check your facts and decide on your own. My website shows an
install for a 1999 Dakota, not for OBD-I systems.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)