Calling all A/C experts!!

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 18:07:15 EDT

well i've come into a small problem with my 94 dakota. it does have the
r-134a refrigant just for reference. but my problem is that the a/c is not
as cold as it used to be coming out. i'm thinking now that it isn't even
working... now for what's going on. i tried to put some more refrigant in
today. it wouldn't take a whole lot to begin with. i then drove my truck
around a bit to try and get it going. now the lines going inside the truck
are ice cold and the return lines are fairly warm, almost hot. and the
compressor is kicking on like it should. so i'm thinking the compressor and
the condensor are fine since the lines are getting cold. so i'm reading my
fsm and it says there is some controller on the inside. so i'm thinking
that might be my problem. not sure though. i am going to read some more
about it there, but i thought i would ask if anyone has any experience with
this kind of problem. i appreicate any help. i would rather fix it myself,
i am still a poor college student and would rather spend that money on more
mods, so i don't want to have to take it in somewhere just for the a/c.
thanks anyone!!
mike k
94 V6, slt, cc, auto, 2wd, k&n, msd, flowmaster, home port tb, and so on...