Re: pre-97 exhaust

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 02:03:54 EDT

I think my Gibson is great but I have many mods to go with it. When I
originally put it on (with headers) Ilost serious low end torque but had
noticable power increase above 2900 RPM. I got some of the torque back with a
ported TB and better air filter system (K&N X-stream). I am putting a ported
intake and 24# injectors on tomorrow along with cam and roller rockers (1.6:1
ratio) all of which should help give me back the torque.

Most guys I talk to say that if you are not planning serious mods it is
better to go with a baffled muffler system (like flowmasters). The other
thing about the Gibson is that it is loud even with a cat. I am now running
without a cat after having a highflow cat (catgo). I actually seemed to pick
up low end when I removed the cat but it is WAY loud now.

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, 24# FMS injectors, auburn LSD, 4.10
gears, superior axles