Camshaft install

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 17:34:39 EDT

(Truck in question 98 2.5L 4cyl)
Now that I am planning on getting new camshafts I need to decided who I
should have do it. A shop or myself. Now I have basically no experience but
am not an idiot and have some friends that rebuild cars all the time, problem
being they deal with old cars. One of the guys on moparchat was nice enough
to send me the instructions he used to do them himself, doesn't sound too bad
but quite a lot of removing things like the radiator and what not. The
problem is that the shop I went to says they will charge me at least $200 to
install them for me. And that seems like a lot when the shaft is only $200
itself.
So the question: is it really that hard or just time consuming, and does $200
seem reasonable for someone to do it.

P.S. If I have someone do it for me is there anything else I should have
done for performance while they are in there.

Thanks

Aaron
Vancouver, Wa
98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC