Re: dakota running like crap

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 10:17:41 EDT

My Dak made the same sounds when I was messing with the distributor
position(advanced), and yes, it was while going up an incline! (the only
time I noticed it)

You can check by getting the #1 cyl to TDC and checking the alignment of the
rotor to the tab just forward of the dist cap screw-hole on the passenger
side. This could happen by being set incorrectly or by just simply being
loose. Check to see if the dist hold-down bolt is loose, you may need a dist
wrench to tighten or loosen it.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)