Re: where's my oil going? -- I found it!

From: Jim Gifford (jim@giffords.net)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 12:21:19 EDT

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:49:38PM -0700, Sam Parthemer wrote:
> One really nice way to correct it, and for good... get an M1 2bbl intake,
> and the install kit. You'll then have a great new performance mod, and
> no more pan gaskets to worry about. Check out www.krcperformance.com
>
> Sam '00 RT & '95 SLT (thinking about keeping her now!)

I confess my ignorance here. What's so special about the M1 2bbl
intake? Are there any other changes that have to be made to the
truck at the same time to make it work right? What impact does it
have on mileage, HP, torqe, and idle? Would I have to replace the
throttle body at the same time?

This option sounds like a good idea, but I just don't have enough
info to make a decision yet.

Thanks,
jim