Re: Engine and Transmission Oil Cooling Questions

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 16:13:08 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/01 8:29:09 AM, willcoughlin@hotmail.com writes:

>Don, could you post a little more info about this oil cooler you have on
>your dak? I am VERY interested in installing an oil cooler on my '00 4.7L,
>and would like to know what kind of cooler you are runnning,how the install
went, and how effective it is. Thanks,

>Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
>'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
>http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

I have oil cooler kit from Pep Boys, I'll try to get back to a pep boys in
the next day or 2 so I can tell you witch one I got from them. My receipt
just says
engine oil cooler
0-36752-00459
List price 163.00
Pep boys price 79.99 plus tax.

It was easy and straight forward to install. Its help to keep down the temp.
I did notice that after the temp goes up after sitting in traffic once you
got moving the engine temp came down a little faster.

Don M
http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!