Re: Engine and Transmission Oil Cooling Questions

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 11:05:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/01 12:16:20 AM, willcoughlin@hotmail.com writes:

>Did the kit come with a sandwich plate that goes between your oil filter
>and the filter landing on the block, or did you tap somewhere else for the
>lines? Have you noticed any loss of oil pressure at startup(time until
>pressure comes up) or runnning(overall pressure)? Do you have an oil temp
>gauge? If so, how much difference in oil temp did the cooler make? Does
>running the oil cooler seem to make a difference in how hot the engine
>gets?
>Thanks,
>
>Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
>'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
>http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

The kits come with a sandwich adapters that is installed between the oil
filter landing on the engine block and the oil filter to route the oil to a
remote oil cooler. It takes away a little room that nice to have when
changing the oil filter. Overall pressure is the same but take an extra
second to come up at startup. No, I don't have the digital temp gauge hooked
up the oil YET. That's in the planning stages at this time. The max. temp of
the engine still get just as hot when sitting in traffic in the hot summer
(stop & go traffic jam on the hiway) But the temp seems to go down much
faster after the truck get moving. That's just at the extremes stressful
times on the engine.

Remember this..... By putting one radiator in front of a 1st of even a 2nd
you will have a deminissing return on the radiators toward the rear. Let me
put it like this, First the tranny radiator gets the cold air and warms it
up, Then this warm air passes thur the A/C radiator, Now the warmer air gets
hot and still needs to help cool the engine radiator. So I think that oil
cooler is a help. But the A/C and engine Radiators loose a little from it.
Still you have that more cooling capability working for you. Just a note here
the oil cooler is mounted on the A/C not the tranny radiator. I hope that
makes sense to you! <(;-p

Here is Perma-cool web site. Its a good source of info and pixs of the oil
coolers parts.
http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Contents.html

Don M
http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!