Re: Online auction fraud!!! (attn anyone near Clinton, SC)

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 02:02:35 EDT

That sucks man. Try e-bay next time and pay with their billpoint payment
thing. I think you can get your money back if ebay confirms that it's fraud
and I think it's harder to scam on there than through someone saying "oh
yea, send me a check or money order to this address"

As far as anything you can do? Was it a US Postal money order? because
i've heard that if you file that as a fraud and they catch the guy, it's a
bigger offense ( a felony or something) I don't know. Contact the BBB of
SC and see what they can do. I contacted the BBB of akron, ohio once
because of something like this (but it was a business) and the guy
immediately sent me my goods. just some suggestions. Don't stop with just
one resource, find and file as many as you can and someone will be willing
to listen or help.
-Chuong