Re: Online auction fraud!!! (attn anyone near Clinton, SC)

From: Jim Yeagley (jyeag@core.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 09:21:35 EDT

Jason,

Was it a Postal money order? If so, I can give you a number for the Postal
Inspectors, that's their job, to hunt down fraud involving the mail. A
friend of mine had a pretty good experience after calling the inspectors on
an online auction gone bad.

You can also look in your local phone book for the inspector's number. I've
been told they're the oldest law enforcement agency in the country, they
don't waste any time taking care of Postal business. They'll be making
phone calls and knocking on doors the same day you call them.

Jim