Re: rear end whine or humm..Please Answer

From: HOP (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 10:22:17 EDT

David, Sounds like what mine was doing. I had a carrier bearing going out in
the rear end.
They replaced the bearings then the whole thing let go 3k later. Dodge
warrantied it and replaced everything in the rear end. I've got a little
over 35k on since they rebuilt it, and the noise has come back. Others on
the list have had similar noises and the dealers told them that it was
normal for dodge rear ends to make harmonic noise @ set speeds. The speed
and sound varies depending on the backlash and adjustment of the gears.. I
think they are full of it myself. I know of too many people that have had
problems with their rear ends and not just daks, My buddies ram did the same
thing. How many miles are on your dak?

HOP.
Houston,TeXas
Metallic Red 97 SLT CC 4x4 5.2Mag 3.55 LSD
http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak