RE: Anyone heard about the new S-10?

From: Paul.Tomlinson (Paul.Tomlinson@gov.yk.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 17:05:39 EDT

The thing that always gets me is you see these incredible HP and TQ figures
from Chevy but any articles I've read that actually put the trucks on a dyno
show quite a bit lower figures hitting the road in comparison to Dodge and
Ford. I know when they compared diesels a couple issues ago in Truck Trend
that the new GM diesel actually was lower than the Dodge and the Ford,
especially in the ranges where trucks tend to work. Before that Truck Trend
compared the gas V-8's and again the Chev was quite a bit lower than
advertised. So either GM has some incredible driveline loses, or they are
fudging their figures a wee bit

Paul
2001 Intense Blue Sport+ CC 4x4 4.7 5-speed