Re: Re: Has Anyone put a NV4500 in a Dakota?

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 18:42:57 EDT

I've done some more research on this swap for anyone interested. The NV4500
comes in 3 later model flavors;
1) fine spline
2) coarse spline 1 1/8 input shaft
3) coarse spline 1 1/4 input shaft
So far it appears that it will be a fairly easy mod. Looks like the shifter
will fall into the same hole, bolts up to the motor, same rear crossmember
position (at least in a Ram), will probably require a shortened driveshaft
with a different front yoke. But it does come with about a 100 lb penalty
due to the STEEL case.

I'll keep you all posted.

TonyC