Re: Dakota Purchase

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 22:18:38 EDT

Get the 4.7. Designed for 150,000 miles without
significant wear (supposedly),and it gets decent
mileage.And it`s quick.And it`s almost a true Hemi
design.ALMOST,GUYS...let`s not go there again :>) But
if you want massive torque,get the 360.
--- fbaker <fbaker@vt.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am in search for a new vehicle. I have a good idea
> of the asthetic options
> that I want but I would like some help with
> powertrain and model year
> selection. I want a 2X4 Auto with a V8, but I am not
> sure whether I want the
> 4.7 or 5.9L. Is there a year that is generally
> better in quality and
> reliability than another? Or is there a specific
> year to stay away from? For
> instance I have heard that there is a shortage of
> '97 Ram computers... I would
> imagine that the shortage applies to the Dakota's
> but probably not a reason to
> pass up a good deal on a used Dakota.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, is
> there any advantage to the V6?
> I have not heard of great mileage savings? Really
> that depends on driving
> habits...
>
> Any insight on Dakota showing at this weekends
> upcoming Carlisle show?
>
> Thanks,
> Gus

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.