cat converter failure false alarm

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 16:24:29 EDT

    I looked out under my truck this morning to check my cat, and I couldn't
make it rattle. So I looked at my header collectors and, to my surprise, one
of my "blow-proof" Percy's Seal-4-Good aluminum collector gaskets was blown.
That explains the exhaust leak and ticking noise I kept hearing :-) I put a
new set of Mr. Gasket gaskets on it and all is back to normal for now. Just
thought I'd keep the list updated....

--
Doug Myers