Re: stock fan removal

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 18:51:11 EDT

Matt,
  Spray some WD40 on it and let it soak several minutes (not sure if this
will help or not). Get a friend to hold the long screw driver in place on
the waterpump pulley bolts. Then, grab your big channel locks (if that's
what you are using) and make sure they are on the right way. Don't mean you
make you look like an idiot, but there is a right and wrong way of using
them...they only "bite" one way. Put the channel locks on the nut and put a
little pressure on them. Then grab a piece of pipe (a couple feet long) and
put on the channel lock handles. You might try a couple pieces of pipe til
you find one that works good. This should give you enough leverage to break
that sucker loose. Having someone else hold the screwdriver helps too.
Also, if you find your screwdriver is bending, try using a long wrench. You
might be able to wedge one of those in there somehow.
Hope this helps.
Let us know how it turns out.
BTW: if all else fails and you need to use heat...those propane torches are
fairly cheap at Wal-Mart. Just be careful with it!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/