Re: WAS:CR "Quad Cab" NOW Skidding

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 17:03:34 EDT

Don't take this as a put-down, but it is your ignorance here. The response
about kinetic friction vs. static friction is correct. A "rolling" tire
will stop faster than a "locked" tire. I'm sure the steering is improved
over a locked tire though. We could get into a lengthy descussion (very
lengthy) explaining the two types of frictions and the different
coefficients of friction, but it would be better to take our word for it.
Anti-lock brakes are based on kinetic vs. static friction. Again, not
trying to make you look bad at all. We learn something new everyday.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/