Cargo light

From: Bill Pruitt (wpruitt1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 13:56:33 EDT

I just finished hooking up a switch in the bed, under the rail, that works
the cargo light.
No ignition or dimmer switches required.

I have an '01, so I don't know if all Daks are the same.
There is a 12V wire, pink, that supplies the light with power. It is also
routed through the interior dome lights. On the back side of the light
assembly, there is a pink/blue wire. Apply a ground to this wire, and Voila!

I traced the wiring from the cargo light bulb to the drivers kick panel, and
when I grounded the wire there, the lights worked. So I tapped into that
wire, ran it back to my switch in the bed, and now when I throw the switch,
I ground that wire and my cargo lights come on.

The neat thing about it is since no wires were cut, no change is made to the
original circuits, just an additional switch to ground.

While I was there, I also installed a 12V outlet, with rubber cover, and an
in-line 15A resettable fuse.
All weatherproof.

Thanks to those who gave advise for this project.

Bill Pruitt
'01 QC 4.7, Auto, Flo-Pro exhaust, K & N Homebrew 3" Air Intake
Downey SST Tarp, Viper Alarm, RhinoLiner
 "Tail-Gate Open" warning light
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/billspages/