Re: Clear front lenses on GenII Pics are up!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 22:34:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/01 9:23:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com writes:

<< How do I go about buying and installing a set of these lights, my truck
 currently has a cracked turn signal lens, are these hard to install???

 Luke >>

I forget the website that has these for sale. I got mine on Ebay at a good
deal. All you need for the install is a loooong philips head screwdriver and
a 1/2" deep socket. The screwdriver will take the bezels off and take the
turn signal out. Total of 6 screws so far. The side reflectors are held on
with a 1/2" sheetmetal nut. It is a simple twist on and twist off install on
the reflectors. The new reflector mounting post are not threaded, you simply
press down as you screw the sheetmetal nut back onto the post. The fit and
finish on my lenses was great! So far I have had no problems with the local
police. I even got a thumbs up from one of the county guys around here that
also owns a Gen-II Dakota. If you have any questions about the install or
about the lenses themselves, feel free to e-mail me direct about them!

The other Will