What Is This World Coming To?????

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 10:51:28 EDT

Once again, I had another close brush with death yesterday while
working. On my freeway, I came across some debris in the road, a large
piece of metal in the HOV (carpool) and #1 lane (out of 4 lanes). I call
the CHP so they can come out and run a traffic break so I can remove the
metal. 10 mins later, I see the familiar B&W Crown Vic running zig zags
across the lanes telling me on my radio they're coming, and to go get
the metal. But as soon as I run into the HOV to go get it, some
)(*&^%$#@! in a taxi shoots around the STOPPED SIDEWAYS CHP CRUISER
WITH LIGHTS GOING AND EVERYONE ELSE IS STOPPED and is coming right at me
in the HOV lane!!!!!! The Officer sees this and throws it in gear, tires
smoking, and pulls in front of the taxi when it was about 10' from me (I
was already high tailing it out of there), Needless to say, the Officer
wasn't too happy, and started to verbally throw the book at the Middle
Eastern gentleman, then started writing, and the Officer told me with
the vioations, he'll end up with at least $500 in fines (crossing double
yellow, single driver in HOV, failure to yield etc etc)!! I then told
that bastard a piece of my mind since the Officer couldn't, and I made
him feel "this" small when I was done, I actually lost my cool, which
wasn't pretty. Must have been a Friday The 13th thing, eh?? I'm running
out of lives here!!!!!! Thankfully though, I went for a job interview on
Wed, to work for CHP, an Auto Tech, working on the CHP cars. Will have
results in a few weeks. Ironic, eh?? Finished venting now.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm