Re: Carlisle classes & judging

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 14:22:35 EDT

At 11:09 AM 7/16/01 -0400, you wrote:
> -- SNIP --
>
>It's too bad that they didn't split the classes up a bit differently such as
>
>- Premag stock
>- Premag modified
>- Gen3 stock (no R/T's)
>- Gen3 modified (no R/T's)
>- R/T stock
>- R/T modified
>
> Granted the classes could be split up even more, but this way only adds
>one more class total, but gives the premags two classes to run as well as
>eliminates the R/T's from non R/T Gen3 Daks. -- SNIP -- I covered the
>majority of the field and I only saw fun field registrations. Was there a
>competition class for Dakota's?

Suggested classes are certainly better than the ones (as reported) that were
used. One point on the suggested classes is that the '92 to '96 Daks
would be left out as Gem3s generally refer to the new body style and
pre-mags are '91 and older.

In past years, the competition participants were all parked in front of the
grandstand. Ed Estoppey won a couple of years ago.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG