Truck started!! Wahooooo!!! have ?'s though

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 18:24:40 EDT

Hey Guys,

    After a little hassle with the ignition my truck started today. Sounds
radical. It idles at about 750 RPM (right wherte Hughes said it should).
Unfortunately my tranny cooler line that goes into the radiator broke off
leaving one end of the brass fitting in the radiator and lots of tranny fluid
on the driveway. Also the vibration damper must be on slightly cockeyed
because the crank pulley wobbles a little (not enough to make the belt slip
off though). I can fix those probs but I need advice on this last one..

The truck idles fine and will do quick revs fine, but if I try to hold it at
a consistent RPM (like 2000 or 2400, or whatever) it backfires through the
exhaust like a maniac. All the wires are routed correctly and the MSD digital
6+ and coil seem to be operating just fine..

Any help here would be great.

Oh and Mark, wipe that smirk off your face and quit gloating, I'm giving all
the credit to Bernd and Jon, well.. Except for the crooked balancer you can
have credit for that.
So I aint a perfect mechanic.. Like Judge Smails said "the world needs ditch
diggers too!"

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gison exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, NSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (relocated), Hughes
stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1814 cam, 1.6 rockers, progear DR
timing chain, MP valve covers