Carlisle Fun versus SME Judeged

From: Peter J. Cutler (pjcutler@mailbox.syr.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 23:37:38 EDT

At carlisle there are only two kinds of competiton:

1) Fun Field: Particpant Voting...you vote for the vehicles in your
class, for example...All trucks had a yellow Sheet for judging and the
were judging vehicles with a yellow identification sheet. And the cars
were red I believe, and Neons/pts/others were a different color. That way
someone lik eme...who has no idea what a cuda is from a
challeneger..doesnt vote for what I just like.

2) SME (Standard of Modified Excellence) Judging. In this you are not
competing agains other vehicles...just yourself. They have a specialized
set of judges who Look at the fine details and craftmanship and give you a
score. You are then placed in a tier and recieve awards based on that
(score, improvemnet, originality) This year there was a ram and a
supercharged viper in there as well as a few others. This is 50 to get
into and you must submit a pic and be chosen to eneter. This may be
something for Chuck, who has a lot of work done to his truck that he has
done for himself, and Bob (whoever you are who is a little sour about not
placing in y-4) should eneter.

I was asked by the people of Totatlly auto to enter it next year, they
sponsor it...the link to it is
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/chrysler2001/sme_judged.htm

Thanbks a lot buh bye

Peter J Cutler